Focus The Trauma Of Childhood Sexual Abuse And Hope For Healing
Childhood Sexual Abuse Workshop
March 21, 2012 9:00AM-4:00PM
Presenters: Gary Short LCSW-R, Director FOCUS Counseling
Barbara Short, R.N. LCSW-R, FOCUS Counselor
• Best statistics indicate that one in three girls and one in five boys are sexually abused.
• 90% of sexual abuse victims never tell.
• Childhood sexual abuse can have serious life long effects.
• 95% of child victims know their abusers
• Identify characteristics of childhood sexual abuse.
• Understand the impact of sexual abuse on the individual, family, and community.
• Identify available resources and treatment.
Pastors, Youth Pastors, Adult Survivors, and Interested Individuals
Schedule of Events
8:15 AM: Registration
9:00 AM: Welcome/ Session I
• Defining Sexual Abuse
• Identifying the impact on child victims and adult survivors
10:15 AM: Coffee Break
10:30 AM: Session II
• Characteristics of Perpetrators
• Legal Aspects and Interventions
12:00 PM: Lunch
1:00 PM: Panel with Q & A
• Two Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse (one male and one female)
• District Attorney
• Family Court Judge
3:00 PM: Hope for Healing
4:00 PM: Closing & Evaluation
Cost: $40.00 per person (Includes handouts, coffee, morning snack, and full hot lunch.)
To register visit fln.org/tickets. The deadline to register is March 16, 2012.