Testimony Tuesday-Health 1/19

01.19.10 | Sonny Delfyette | Comments[6]

Listen Here:

Good morning and welcome to a Testimony Tuesday! Today: How has the Lord brought you through health issues? Let's encourage those who are ailing by sharing what the Lord can do and has done! Call 888-413-4156. If you can't get through, please feel free to leave a message below.

Dose of Encouragement...

(2 Corinthians 2:14)  But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.

When God leads, it is always in victory!  We can be sure that each step of the way that we are the living proof that Jesus is Lord and King!


Your Comments(please keep them on topic and polite)

on 01.19.10 susan commented

This event happened in the 1930's in Hungary. My mom was 16 years old and went blind suddenly with a mysterious eye disease. She was sent from her village to Budapest to the University Hospital, where she stayed off and on for about 1 1/2 years. As she wandered the hallways there was a Bible study and one scripture that was quoted was Luke 18:27 Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God." She believed this scripture even though she wasn't a Christian yet. 1 1/2 years later she was going home for the weekend told the nurse who took care of her that she felt that she wasn't going to be back. She was told to go to the medical bus during the weekend that was near her village. My mom woke up on Saturday morning and she could see. She went to the medical bus and was called to the front of the line. The doctor immediately told her to go back to Budapest to be examined. The doctors examined her eyes against 2 people who never had any problems with their eyes and had perfect vision. The final diagnosis was that my mom had better than 20/20 vision. After that event my mom started searching for God and few years later she became a Christian. Praise God.

on 01.19.10 Micayla commented

On February 9th of last year I was diagnosed with stage five kidney failure at 15 yrs. old. I had no warning that anything was even going on until I slept for almost 18 hours a few days before I was diagnosed. I was put on dialysis the next day. Less then six months later, by God's miracle, I received a kidney from my very own father! I was out of the hospital in four days (which is the quickest a pediatric patient has ever been released) and never had an episode of rejection! It is a miracle that I am alive and I am thanking God every day for what He has done in my life! To God be the Glory!! Micayla Cuomo

on 01.19.10 Denise commented

My husband, George, has been on dialysis for 6 years. In 2006, he got a yeast infection (peritonitis). The doctor said it had a very high mortality rate. He survived and switched from peritoneal dialysis to hemodialysis. In 2008, he fell through the glass in our back door, severely cutting his left elbow area. If it had happened to his right arm, he would have died. The right arm is where his fistula is. (Where an artery and vein are attached to do dialysis.) While in the hospital, he commented that it must not be his time. In 2008, HE GAVE HIS LIFE TO CHRIST! He is now awaiting a kidney/pancreas transplant. This will be our third miracle. (He has been on the list for 5 years.)

on 01.19.10 Joy commented

On Feb. 9th, 2008, my husband collapsed suddenly in our bedroom at 1:30am. He had a brief seizure and then went into cardiac and respiratory arrest. He was 29 years old at the time, and if it wasn't for God, I would be a widow right now.
Although I was practically hysterical with shock and fear, I almost could hear a voice in my mind telling me to call 911, to check for breathing and a pulse, to begin CPR. At that moment, I believe God reached down and used me as His hands to save my husband's life. The paramedics got to our house quickly, took my husband to our local hospital, and then on to Strong Memorial in Rochester. It was there that we found out my husband had suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm, and that he was in very critical condition. The Neurosurgery resident assigned to our case told us that the odds were against us, but they would do their best.
My husband was in a coma for a week and battled infection while his brain recovered from the immense shock it had suffered. On the seventh night, his condition seemed to worsen, and I ended up in the hospital chapel crying out to God in agony and despair. As the scripture says, with God all things are possible, and the next morning my husband was doing better. From that point on, his condition kept improving, and he was moved from the trauma unit, to a neurological step-down unit, and then to a brain rehab unit at St. Mary's (Unity Health System, Rochester). My husband was at the rehab center from March until early April, and in that time he re-learned how to walk, talk, eat, and function again. He attended outpaitent therapy, and returned to work part-time as a computer technician that following June, 4.5 months after his near-fatal injury.
Throughout all of this, God was our strength and refuge. If fact, when my husband was coming out of his coma, one of the first recognizable phrases he said was, "God has his plan." I am still in awe of this miracle God granted us, even nearly two years later. Indeed, I will give thanks and praise to God for as long as I live.
We have had many other tough times in our lives over these past two years, illness and cancer in our families, and my sister and I both suffered miscarriages. The love and light of God shines even in our darkest hours, and we are simply thankful for all the blessings and healing mercies we have all received.

on 01.19.10 Patty commented

On Sept. 17, 2003 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. The doctor was giving me the news but I wasn't listening because my father was two floors away dying. He died two hours later. Later that year inn December,my mother was diagnosed with bone, brain, liver, and lung cancer. She died the following March. I can only tell you that I have a God that loves me, and gave me the people and the support I needed to get through that difficult time. I let my daughter shave my head so she wouldn't freak out when she saw mom's hair falling out. I gave her washable markers and let her draw pictures on my head. It's only hair. I got remarried bald and have been happily married for almost 7 years. My parents watched from heaven.

on 02.09.16 John Burns commented

I know it's late in the day but just wanted to share. After 30 plus years of smoking today marks 52 weeks since I smoked my last cigarette. God delivered/enabled me to set them down and walk away. No patches, no pills.