Nick's Picks: Audrey's Fruit Pizza
06.04.14 | | Comments
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Mix in egg. combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Press dough into an ungreased pizza pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until light. Spread on cooled crust.
5. Arrange desired fruit on top of filling, and chill.
***HOWEVER - In order to save time and avoid turning the oven on in the summer, I would purchase refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough and press dough into an ungreased pizza pan.