Jean's World Famous Chicken Fajita Fest!
05.28.10 | Comments
Jean’s World Famous Chicken Fajita Fest!
The most important part of any fajita recipe is the marinade!
Here’s how you make an AWESOME marinade:
- Go to the grocery store and buy a bottle of good Marguerita Mix (get the kind with no alcohol) Depending on how big your batch of fajitas will be pour a cup or 2 into a bowl.
- Add Worstershire sauce until it get slightly brown…a ¼ cup maybe?
- Add a tablespoon of Onion Powder
- 4. Add a tablespoon of garlic powder (or 1-2 minced garlic cloves…depending on how much you like garlic.)
- Add cayenne powder to your liking…the more the HOTTER!
- Add a teaspoon or 2 of cumin
- Add a few drops of smoke
Now stir all that together
- Grill your chicken over your favorite fire…stove or outdoor grill (my fave!)
- Sprinkle it with some lemon pepper
- ALSO sprinkle it with some Tony Chachere’s Cajun or All Spice seasoning to your taste. The more you sprinkle…the hotter it gets!
- When it’s grilled to perfection slice it in strips (you can also slice it before cooking if you wish) and throw it in an iron skillet along with some of the marinade and cook until most of the marinade boils away.
- While the chicken is cooking throw sliced onions and sliced bell peppers into an iron skillet with a little olive oil and cook them until they have a good “scald on ‘em”. Be sure to time this so they finish with the chicken.
- Also slice up some small cherry tomatoes and lettuce for adding to the fajitas when you roll them. Pile them in small bowls and put them aside.
- Get some good medium sized flour tortillas and heat them on a flat skillet so they get a little brown on them
THE BIG FINISH!!!!
- Now that everything is ready take your chicken and veggie mix and throw it on a hot iron skillet or in a bowl for serving.
- Spoon your chosen amount into a freshly warmed tortilla
- Add chopped up tomatoes and/or lettuce
- Top it with Mexican Blend grated cheese
- Top that with Pace Picante Sauce
- Roll the tortilla…place the end into your mouth and chomp down on a little slice of HEAVEN!!!!