Family Life Contests
Thanksgiving has come and gone, and we are now officially in full Christmas season swing! Family Life wants to help kick start your Christmas shopping this year with a chance to win a Stocking Stuffer Prize Pack which includes:
-The Sparkle Box by Jill Hardie. This children's book will shed light on the true meaning of Christmas in a way that is understandable and inspiring for your child. It is a story about family, giving, and loving your neighbor as yourself.
-The Heart of Christmas. Inspired by a true story, "The Heart of Christmas" tells of Austin and Julie Locke whose young son, Dax, was diagnosed with cancer. The Lockes are heart broken but determined to give Dax a very merry Christmas. Even though it's October, the community sees their efforts and decide to pitch in and show Dax how much he is loved. The DVD includes a bonus feature of a music video for the Emmy-nominated song "The Heart of Christmas" by Matthew West, who also makes an appearance in the film.
1. Family Life contests are open to listeners eighteen (18) years or older, unless otherwise specified by Family Life, or its promotional affiliates.
2. There is no purchase or donation necessary to enter or win a Family Life contest. Read more...
3. Odds of receiving a prize from Family Life depend on the number of qualified entries submitted in each contest. Only one (1) qualifier per household will be accepted.
4. Only one (1) prize may be won, per household, within any thirty (30) day period. Employees/Board Members of Family Life, and their immediate families are not eligible to participate and win.
5. By participating, participants and winner(s) grant Family Life permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. All contest entries become the sole property of Family Life.
6. Prizes have no cash value and are non-transferable, unless otherwise specified. Contests are void where prohibited by law.
7. All taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Any valuation of a prize is based on available information provided to Family Life, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. If the prize requires filing of a 1099 form, winners must show a valid Social Security Card with proper identification in order to receive the prize. If the winner is under 18 years of age, the legal parent/guardian of the winner will receive the prize and complete appropriate paperwork, provided they have proper identification.
8. By participating, each participant and winner waives and releases any and all claims of liability against Family Life, its officers, directors, and employees, for any and all claims, demands, and/or causes of action of any kind, foreseen or unforeseen, including but not limited personal injury or financial loss, which arises out of or results from the participant’s participation in the contest, or from the use of any prize. If required by Family Life or its promotional affiliates, winners must sign a liability release prior to receiving their prize.
9. If the prize is to be mailed, it is the responsibility of the winner to provide Family Life with a current and correct mailing address. Prizes will be mailed within thirty (30) calendar days after winning the prize or at the discretion of Family Life. Family Life is not responsible for, nor obligated to replace, any lost, stolen, or damaged prize sent through the U.S. Mail.
10. If the winner is instructed by Family Life or its promotional affiliates to personally pick up their prize, it must be claimed within thirty (30) calendar days of winning. Upon pick-up of prize, proper picture identification (i.e. valid driver’s license or passport) from the winner is required. Prizes must be picked up at Family Life, located at 7634 Campbell Creek Road, Bath, NY 14810 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday (except holidays).
11. At certain times, winners may be instructed by Family Life or its promotional affiliates to pick up their prize at a separate location (i.e. concert tickets may be picked-up at a will-call window). Upon request, Family Life will provide instructions and pick-up times to winners.
12. Family Life will not notify winners of the time remaining on their prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within the thirty (30) day time frame. All unclaimed prizes after thirty (30) days will automatically be forfeited.
13. Under unique circumstances, a representative designated by the winner will be allowed to accept the prize for him or her. Written authorization from the winner, including the representative’s name, ID and a photocopy of the winner’s valid driver’s license is required.
14. In the event that a winner voluntarily chooses to not accept a prize, he/she automatically forfeits all claims to that prize. Family Life then has the right, but not the obligation, to award that prize to a contest runner-up.
15. Family Life may substitute another prize of equal value in the event of non-availability of a prize, either before or after a winner has been selected.
16. Family Life is not responsible for any defective prizes.
17. Family Life is not responsible for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to any technical or equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, or acts beyond Family Life’s control. Family Life disclaims all liability for and delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Family Life is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions or failures of any kind including: failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in this contest.
Family Life contest judges or management will retain sole discretion in matters relating to all Family Life contests. Family Life reserves the right to disqualify anyone if contest rules are not followed. Family Life may amend the rules or discontinue the contest at any time without notice.