"Finish the Job"
Help Family Life reach even more people with an enhanced signal. We're already over the $200,000 mark!
Last summer Family Life began a campaign called “Finish the Job!” Of the six major projects we’re pleased to report that two of those projects are now completed! The construction of WCGF in Cambridge Springs, PA was finished late last summer, and Family Life’s first "super translator" went on the air this past January in Rochester.
Projects Needing Completion
1. The moving of Family Life’s flagship station in Bath, NY to a much better site allowing the potential audience to more than double. Our "Team 42:5" matching campaign in February is allowing this project to begin soon. Along with this move, Family Life will be constructing a new translator in Bath to cover areas shaded from a quality signal!
2. The utilization of “super translators”* in central Pennsylvania allowing Family Life’s coverage to far exceed what it currently covers in areas such as Williamsport, Lewisburg, Bloomsburg, and Lock Haven! (*A super translator is one with significantly more power and coverage than the average translator)
3. The moving of WCOH’s tower site in DuBois, PA to move to a much higher location allowing this station to reach many more communities with a clearer, static-free signal!
4. The construction of a new “super translator” in Buffalo, NY that will reach nearly 1,000,000 listeners in that primary coverage area!
5. The building of new translators in Dunkirk and Westfield, NY and the improvements of translators in Albion and Tonawanda, NY and Towanda, PA!
6. The purchase of new transmitters for some of Family Life’s older stations in Spencer, Jamestown, and Friendship, NY allowing for a much better signal in each area!
The costs for these projects vary, but all of them are extremely important – especially if you are living in one of the areas where a project will have a major impact!
1. $10,000 will complete the move of WCIK to its new site. The cost and construction of the new Bath, NY translator will be in the neighborhood of $30,000.
2. Reaching a much larger area of central Pennsylvania with “super translators” will cost $175,000.
3. The move of WCOH in DuBois, PA will be in the range of $180,000
4. There’s about $7,000 more of expenses to complete the Buffalo, NY “super translator” project.
5. Translator construction and improvement in NY & PA carries a price tag of $50,000
6. Replacement of older, failing transmitters for the Spencer, Jamestown, and Friendship, NY stations will run about $180,000.
Would you prayerfully consider helping Family Life “Finish the Job!” with each of these upgrade projects? Your support is not only very much appreciated but also critical in allowing quality radio programming to reach even more people with an enhanced signal. We received an e-mail recently from a family who bemoaned the fact that they just can’t listen as they would like to because of the static. That family is one that will benefit from a “Finish the Job!” project in their area.
You can help make that possible! Join us and see how the Lord uses your generosity. Thank you so much for your prayerful and financial support!