Jun 11, 2014 |
Inside Out 87: In Light of Eternity
Has there arisen a generation that knows not Leonard Ravenhill? This dedicated servant of Christ was used to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable. His fiery messages are what he’s most remembered for. Those one liners that were like bullets fired from the pulpit and aimed right at the heart.
- “Jesus did not come into the world to make bad men good. He came into the world to make dead men live!”
- “I'm sick and tired of (only) reading about church history; let's make (some) by the grace of God!”
- “I believe every church is either supernatural or superficial. I don't believe there's any middle ground.”
- “Do you go to church to meet God or to hear a sermon about Him?”
- “If Jesus preached the same message many ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.”
- “Prayer is pre-occupation with our needs; Praise is pre-occupation with our blessing; Worship is pre-occupation with God Himself.”
- “Partial obedience is disobedience!”
- “You can't say, ‘Christ is all I need," until Christ is all you have.’”
Wow. How did people react to his ministry? You either loved him or hated him.
I’ve included come clips of a few more “bullets” in my podcast featuring Leonard’s biographer Mack Tomlinson. His book In Light of Eternity is one of the best Christian biographies I’ve read this year. It will challenge you. Convict you. Inspire you. And God willing bring you to your knees before the Lord of Glory. Leonard Ravenhill would have it no other way.
Check out the book.
ABOUT THIS PODCAST
Inside Out airs Wednesdays at 12:20pm EST during the Family Life Noon Report.
Jun 04, 2014 |
May 28, 2014 |