Movie Goers Treated For Co Poisoning In Berwick

10.14.13 | Bob Price

The Berwick Hospital confirmed 17 people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after attending a movie theater in Berwick. The people were treated Friday night at the hospital and released. According to the theater’s Facebook page, a blocked flue in the furnace caused the gas to leak out of the projection room. The theaters owners posted this message on Saturday: “The problem has been rectified! We have been deemed safe to open for business! Fire Chief William Coolbaugh came to double check that the premise is safe! As a token of our appreciation, we would like to invite all firemen or emergency response members that responded last night to enjoy the movie for free tonight !