Dog In Western Pennsylvania Saves Family

12.31.10 | Sarah Harnisch

A dog in western Pennsylvania saved an entire family from a fire this week. It happened in Glen Campbell-- that's in Indiana County. Bad wiring in the garage started the blaze in the Connor family home Sunday night. Sean Connor had gone to bed, but his wife and daughter were still awake. Still-- they didn't see the smoke. That's when their dog Ringo started barking-- frantically-- until the girls found the fire. The whole family, Ringo included, made it out safely. They have lived there for 13 years and are trying to save what they can. Family members have taken them in, but there's still a shortage of food, money, and even clean clothing. They say they left the burning house with nothing. The Connors say they are just glad God has blessed them with good family-- good friends-- and a very good dog.

There's a fund set up to help the Connors at the First National Bank of Pennsylvania in Clymer. If you want to help, you can send a check to:
CY or Mary Hilterman
First National Bank of P.A.
595 Franklin Street
Clymer, P.A. 17528
Please write “Benefit Connor Fire Fund” on the memo line.