Interesting Sharathon Facts
03.31.10 | | Comments
1. The Family Life Network’s budget for this fiscal year is $4,932,498 to operate 15 stations, 54 translators, the Internet site, plus help finance the personal ministry activities to youth, adults and senior citizens.
2. About 83% of contributions to FLM come from listeners during the two semi-annual sharathons.
3. The other 17% of the contributions comes from:
- 7% - Program gifts that are shared with FLN.
- 4% - Program sponsorship and announcements
- 4% - Miscellaneous – special offerings, matching gifts, memorials, bequests, etc.
- 2% - Church gifts and missionary budgets.
4. What are the costs involved in running the network?
- 41% - Salaries: 43 full-time and 18 part-time salaries
- 35% - Operational Expenses: (utilities, supplies, rent, insurances, equipment, programming)
- 8% - Special Events: concerts, conferences, trips etc.
- 8% - New Projects
- 4% - Promotion: printing, postage & advertising
- 2% - Professional Services: auditing, legal & consultant fees etc.
- 2% - Travel
5. Network projects completed in the last 12 months
- Began broadcasting on WCIG in Dallas, PA
- Built new station, WCIJ, in Unadilla, NY
- Built new translator in Allentown, PA
- Upgraded translators in Carbondale, PA, Berwick, PA, and Bloomsburg, PA
- Received construction permits to build new stations in Belfast, NY and Laporte, PA
- Began the process of purchasing station in Farmington Township, PA
6. Projects for next 12 months
- Construct new stations in Farmington Township, PA
- Work toward construction permits for stations licensed to Silver Creek, NY, and Cambridge Springs, PA
- Purchase new stations in different markets in New York and Pennsylvania
- Upgrade/move translators in Clarks Summit, PA, Cooperstown, NY, Delhi, NY, Geneseo, NY, Lehighton, PA, and Lock Haven, PA
- Upgrade WCOH in Dubois, PA
- Upgrade WCIM in Shenandoah, PA
7. The financial goals for each station will help to meet the general expenses for the next six months. Our four-day goal is $1.35 million. Raising additional funds, not associated with the sharathon, will be necessary to help with new projects. A one-day fund drive will be held in July for these construction projects