EEO Public File
EEO Public File Report (download)
February 1, 2017
Vacancies sought to be filled for the period of February 1, 2016 – January 31, 2017
1. News Director (1)
2. On-Air Announcer (1)
3. Production Director (1)
4. Production Staff (1)
5. Engineer (1)
6. Regional Underwriting Representative (4)
7. Part-Time Voice Tracker (2)
Full-time positions filled for the period of February 1, 2016 – January 31, 2017 – Two
Recruitment sources utilized:
8. Family Life Website
Family Life Ministries, Inc. interviewed or corresponded with, in various forms 91 individuals who showed interest in the six openings with the Family Life Network. Of those interviewed, 42 were for the On-Air Announcer position; 24 were for the Part-Time Voice Tracker positions; 13 were for the News Director position; 7 were for the Regional Underwriting Representative position; 1 for the Production Staff position; and 4 applicants were for unspecified positions. We were able to fill the full-time position for the Production Director and Production Staff positions as well as one Regional Underwriting Representative.
Family Life Ministries, Inc. utilizes a number primary methods of securing qualified applicants. These sites also provide a good cross section of minority applicants. Family Life had interviews/contacts with 18 female candidates; three African-American candidates; and two Spanish candidates. FLM also utilized in-house efforts by posting these positions, along with the position on its own website employment opportunities section as well as announcing current staff needs at FLM public sponsored events. The Production Director was hired as a result of promotion of existing employee. The Production Staff individual was hired as a result of a previous internship with the company.
During the previous year, many we corresponded with were as a result of online advertising, especially the AllAccess.com (38); Indeed.com (6); Linkedin.com (7) and HisAir.net sites (12). A number of our significant applicants came as a result of personal contact over the past few years and through Family Life’s own website (16).
Family Life Ministries, Inc. personnel participated in the following activities the previous year
1. Was involved in a major summer festival in New York where employment needs were addressed to numerous adult attendees.
2. Conducted a number of tours of radio facilities for school groups of all ages interested in learning more of what is involved in radio broadcasting.
3. Allowed high school and college students to “shadow” full-time staff for a day to educate them on the aspects of broadcasting.
4. Spoke at high school career days with regards to employment opportunities and what is required for such.
5. Hosted or co-sponsored 93 concerts and events inviting attendees to become familiar with radio network. When the opportunity presented itself, Family Life would make known the needs of personnel to fill positions.
6. Worked with gifted participants from Family Life's listening audience to create radio spots and long form drama. Specifically a "Kids Korner" group of young radio enthusiasts met monthly to record aspects of Family Life's children's programming.
7. Worked with gifted participants from Family Life's listening audience to create radio spots and long form drama. Specifically a "Kids Corner" group of young radio enthusiasts met monthly to record aspects of Family Life's children's programming.
8. Continued to be involved with Family Life’s internet site with other radio outreaches communicating personnel needs at FLM.
9. Met with about 85 Advisory Board (Vision Team) Members and communicated with them the staff needs of the radio outreach. Kept this board current with monthly news letters.
10. Conducted two public telethons and invited people to tour the facilities. Had about 1,700 people attend these telethons and shared with those attending the staff needs of the radio outreach.