What We Do
Our mission is to impact people with the message of hope found in Jesus Christ. We do this through Christian radio, performing arts, biblical counseling, and a variety of concerts and events with the purpose of spreading the Gospel.
Family Life’s radio network airs contemporary Christian music, Biblical teaching, kids programs, and news from a Biblical worldview on nearly 70 radio outlets in New York and Pennsylvania. Family Life also can be heard online, and knowing listeners appreciate musical variety, has customized several other online music streams - Rock, Urban, Light Jazz, Southern Gospel, Instrumental and more - all within the Christian genre.
Extending music and the arts to the stage, Family Life uses music concerts, theater, and dance to creatively communicate and connect audiences to the Gospel. Together with an inspirational staff and many dedicated volunteers, our performing arts outreach presents stage plays, musicals, dance performances, and provides theatrical training for developing talent. Family Life’s Center for the Arts, an extension of the performing arts outreach, offers private vocal and instrumental lessons, along with a variety of dance classes for students to learn the arts in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
Family Life cares deeply about matters within the home and family. There is hope for healing and we believe Biblical counseling is part of the solution. Biblical counseling is a distinct approach to the field of personal counseling that solely relies on the Word of God to bring about lasting change in a believer's heart and mind. Our mental health services include personal, marital, and parent/child counseling, along with counseling for addictions, abuse, trauma, and anxiety/depression.
Founded in 1957, Family Life was born out of a man’s desire to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people. By starting Area Youth for Christ (YFC), Dick Snavely taught kids and teens about Jesus through simple Christian programs and activities.
As years passed, YFC expanded to include adult programs, family-marriage counseling, and soon after that, a network of FM radio stations. In 1986, the ministry changed its name from YFC to Family Life Ministries, and after moving from facility to facility, found a home just outside of Bath, NY. It's amazing how God's provision has allowed Family Life to grow from one employee and a donated office to a staff of over fifty people.
What We Believe
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal return to power and glory.
- For the salvation of lost and sinful, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential.
- The present ministry of the Holy Spirit indwells a Christian, enabling them to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
Impacting lives with the message of hope by encouraging, enriching, and equipping our world.
Family Life's vision is carried out through Christ-centered radio, performing arts and Biblical counseling.