Who We Are
At Family Life, our mission is to strengthen families and individuals through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We seek to spread the love and knowledge of Jesus within three main outreach areas - media, creative arts, and supportive resourcing.
The media outreach area incorporates our radio network, which broadcasts contemporary Christian music, biblical teaching, and original Family Life programming on over 70 radio outlets across New York and Pennsylvania. This outreach also includes Web-based media and social networks to creatively engage with online communities.
Family Life also believes music and onstage performance are useful tools to effectively and creatively communicate the Gospel. Together with an inspirational staff and many artistic volunteers, our creative arts outreach presents stage plays, musicals, concerts, worship events, and theatrical training seminars.
As a parachurch ministry, Family Life has a heart for coming alongside churches and offering resources for pastors, ministry leaders and their congregations. With this in mind, we hope to serve Christian communities well - sharing leadership, training, and teaching resources in various areas of ministry.
Founded in 1957, Family Life was born out of a man’s desire to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people. By starting Area Youth for Christ (YFC), Dick Snavely taught kids and teens about Jesus through simple Christian programs and activities.
As years passed, YFC expanded to include adult programs, family-marriage counseling, and soon after that, a network of FM radio stations. In 1986, the ministry changed its name from YFC to Family Life Ministries, and after moving from facility to facility, found a home just outside of Bath, NY. It's amazing how God's provision has allowed Family Life to grow from one employee and a donated office to a staff of over fifty people.
Statement of Faith - What We Believe
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal return to power and glory.
- For the salvation of lost and sinful, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential.
- The present ministry of the Holy Spirit indwells a Christian, enabling them to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
Impacting lives with the message of hope by encouraging, enriching, and equipping our world.
Family Life's vision is carried out through Christ-centered media, creative arts and supportive resourcing.